Table of Contents
[ Up To iMail ]
Miscellaneous Administrative Commands
The following lists commands that aid in administrating iMail, yet are not used extensively enough to warrant a menu item.
- DECODELOG - This command does just what is implied. When running this command the encrypted email log is decoded to re read. You must have QSECOFR authority to run this command. It utilizes module FMREMLDC to decrypt the FRMEMLLOG file.
Decode Email Log (QSECOFR) (DECODELOG) Type choices, press Enter. Output File . . . . . . . . . . Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . Name Bottom F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F12=Cancel F13=How to use this display F24=More keysDECODELOG OUTFILE(library/file) Specify the output file that contains decoded data.
- CLRMAILLOG - This aptly named command does just what is implied. When running this command the email log is cleared of previously logged mail. No command parameters are required.
- PRGMAILLOG - This command will actually purge the email log file of all the entries greater than a specific date, or older than a specific number of days and for either all users or specific users.
Purge iMail Log (PRGMAILLOG) Type choices, press Enter. Sent From . . . . . . . . . . . Sent To . . . . . . . . . . . . Status . . . . . . . . . . . . . SNT, SND, ERR From Date YYYYMMDD . . . . . . . Number To Date YYYYMMDD . . . . . . . . Number Purge older than Days . . . . . Number User Profile . . . . . . . . . . Character value Bottom F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F12=Cancel F13=How to use this display F24=More keysParameter details are shown below:
Sent From: (SNTFRM) Purge the transactions set by certain address
Sent To: (SNTTO) Purge the transactions sent to certain address
Status: (STATUS) SNT – Purge the successful transaction; SND – Purge the on-going transaction (or the ones which have never finished, thus their status couldn’t changed to SNT or ERR); ERR – Purge the failed transactions
From Date: (FRMDATE) Specify the starting date of transactions
End Date: (TODATE) Specify the end date of transactions to be purged
Purge older than Days: (DAYS) Specify the number of day retentions
User Profile: (USRPRF) Purge the transactions of certain user profile
To automate, you can add this command to a job schedule entry i.e. to purge all transactions older 30 days, run the command
Other Adminstrative Tasks
- Clearing iMail Attachments: If old attachments are accumulating in the iMail directory and you wish to automatically purge them, add the following scheduled job:
ADDJOBSCDE JOB(CLRIMAIL) CMD(STRQSH CMD('find /iMail/* -atime +1 -print | xargs rm')) FRQ(*WEEKLY) SCDDATE(*NONE) SCDDAY(*SUN) SCDTIME('04:00:00')
This command will clear all files in the /iMail directory that were last accessed 1 day or more ago. Please note that the /iMail directory specified above should match the iMail directory you are using, configured here . You will also need to specify a jobqueue for this scheduled job that works for your setup.
Upgrading from Standalone iMail 3.27 to Integrated iDocs 5.0
To upgrade to iMail 5.0, which is in library FMG and is integrated with the iDocs Suite, perform these steps:
- Perform the upgrade or installation of iDocs 5.0 per the instructions, including PTF application.
- Save a copy of the license keys for iDocs 5.
CPYF FROMFILE(FMG/EMCFGDB) TOFILE(QGPL/EMCFGDB) FROMMBR(*FIRST) TOMBR(*FIRST) MBROPT(*REPLACE) CRTFILE(*YES)
- Put FMG at the top of the library list: ADDLIBLE FMG
- Run the command CPYMAILDTA SRCLIB(IMAIL30) TGTLIB(FMG) where IMAIL30 is the standalone iMail library name.
This command migrates all the iMail settings, but also migrates the license keys.
- Copy back license keys:
CPYF FROMFILE(QGPL/EMCFGDB) TOFILE(FMG/EMCFGDB) FROMMBR(*FIRST) TOMBR(*FIRST) MBROPT(*UPDADD) CRTFILE(*NO) FROMRCD(*START) TORCD(*END) INCCHAR(ECDTAID 1 '@KEY')
Use the command REGISTER to delete any duplicates or unneeded keys.
- Go to menu IMAIL and take option 1. Configure iMail. Verify the configuration settings.
- From the prior screen, press F13=Configure Environment. Verify:
- Use F10 to save all changes.
- Check the contents of the iMail library dataarea:
If it does not read FMG then change it:
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(FMG/DSIMAILLIB *ALL) VALUE('FMG')