Table of Contents
Although reconcilation is grouped within the Postive Pay module menu, it is infact its own licensed module. However, since the two modules both deal with similar types of finanical transactions they are contained within the same menu.
Receive Reconciliation File from the Bank
The receive option option enables a reconciliation file to be pulled from the bank to your System i. Selecting option 20 from the menu render the command prompts below:
Receive Reconciliation (RECEIVE) Type choices, press Enter. Reconciliation Definition . . . Value, or F4 for list
From this screen, enter the previously defined reconcilaiton definition. Alternatively, the list of existing definition can be prompted. Note that the Reconciliation module leverages the same communication/file definitions as are defined for positive pay. So when prompting for a list of definitions both the reconciliation and the positive pay will appear. For this reason, it is recommended that the reconciliaiton definitions be aptly named to easily distinquish thesen from their positive pay counter parts.
Post AP Bank file to CGC
This command is specific to our interface with Compter Guidance, but can be adapted to interface with other accounting systems in the future. Selecting option 21 displays the command below that may be used to post your reconciliation file from the bank system, to CGC Acount Payable reconciliaion file.
Reconcile AP with bank file (PSTAPPCGC) Type choices, press Enter. Company Number . . . . . . . . . Value, or F4 for list Division Number . . . . . . . . Value, or F4 for list Account . . . . . . . . . . . . Pay ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . GL Account . . . . . . . . . . . Reconciliation Definition . . . Value, or F4 for list Report only without posting . . '*YES' *YES, *NO Destination Output queue . . . . Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL
Below are the descriptions for the above listed command prompts:
- Company Number Enter in the CGC three digit numeric company number
- Division Number Enter in the CGC two digit numeric division number
- Account Enter in the bank account number as it is defined within the reconciliation file.
- PayID Enter in the Positive a Pay ID
- Reconciliation Definition Enter the previously defined reconciliation definition
- Report Only without posting Entering '*YES' will generate a listing of the received file without posting the file to the CGC files. Otherwise, entering '*NO' will post the file as well as generate a report.
- Destination Output queue Specify the output queue for the resulting report.
Post PR Bank file to CGC
This option 22 enables payroll reconciliation to be posted to CGC. Refer to Post AP Bank to CGC for a description of the command that mirrors the similar function for Accounts Payable.