Work with ACH Control Records
[ Up to Main Menu ][
Prior Topic - iACH ]
Option 2 Work with ACH Control Records Enables you to configure banking information specific to your company, and transmission protocols and credentials necessary to send a compiled NACHA file to your financial institution. Selecting this option allows for these items to be maintained.
7/05/09 ACH ePayment Solutions 5.05 FM7210C1 18:01:34 Control Record Definition QSECOFR Type options, press Enter. 1=Select 3=Copy 4=Delete 7=Rename Opt Application Description ACHKEY TEST ACHNOTIFY Test ACH Notify Bottom F3=Exit F6=Add
The first of four maintenance screens are displayed below.
7/05/09 ACH ePayment Solutions 5.05 FM7210D3 18:08:01 Control Record Definition QSECOFR ACH Key Name: ACHNOTIFY ACH Description: Test ACH Notify Originating DFI ID: 1111111111 Bank Name: BANK OF NOTIFY Bank State: Bank Account: 12345678901234567 Type Code: C Priority Code: 11 Immediate Destination: 1111111111 Immediate Origin: 1111111111 File Creation Date: File Creation Time: File ID Modifier: 1 Record Size: 94 Blocking Factor: 94 Format Code: Second Bank Name: Company Name: Reference Code: F1=Help F3=Exit F4=Prompt F10=Save F12=Cancel
The detailed descriptions of the data elements from the first screen are outlined below.
- ACH Key Name This contains the unique key for defining this ACH control record.
- ACH Description Likewise, this is the description of the control record.
- Originating DFI ID This contains the banks' nine digit routing number.
- Bank Name This field contains the thirty character bank name.
- Bank State The state or country code associated with the bank.
- Bank Account Your company's account number from which transactions will be debited or credited.
- Type Code Contains the code used to define the type of bank account as either a *C* for checking or *S* for savings.
- Priority Code This contains the priority code which is slated for future use for the NACHA format. The default value for now is always 01.
- Immediate Destination This optional field contains the name of the ACH receiving point for which the file is destine.
- Immediate Origin This mandatory field begins with a blank in the first position followed by the nine character routing number.
- File Creation Date
- File Creation Time
- File ID Modifier This is used to distinguish between files created on the same date and between the same participants. Without some distinct number/character multiple files between parties on the same day would be very difficult to distinguish.
- Record Size This mandatory field contains the record length. This value is 094.
- Blocking Factor This mandatory field contains the number of records defined as a block. The default value for this field is ten.
- Format Code This mandatory field contains the value of one used to define the Record type of one within the first record of the NACHA file.
- Second Bank Name This optional field, also known as the Immediate Destination Name, contains the name of the ACH or receiving point for which the file is destined.
- Company Name This optional field contains the name of the ACH operator or sending point that is sending the file.
- Reference Code This optional field is reserved for information pertinent to the originator. Can be used for anything originating company wants.
The second screen below illustrates the next list of elements needing to be defined followed by their detailed definitions.
7/05/09 ACH ePayment Solutions 5.05 FM7210D4 18:09:16 Control Record Definition QSECOFR ACH Key Name: ACHNOTIFY ACH Description: Test ACH Notify Type Code: 1 Service Class Code: 111 Company Name: ACH NOTIFY Company Data: COMPANY DATA Company ID: DATA Standard Entry Class: 111 Company Entry Descrip: TEST Descriptive Date: Effective Date: Settlement Date: Original Status: 1 Oringinating DFI ID: Batch Number: ACIS Customer Number: Source of Input: Transaction Type: 23 F1=Help F3=Exit F4=Prompt F10=Save F12=Cancel
- Type Code This required field defines the record type of the first record of the NACHA file. Its default value should be “1”.
- Service Class Code This required field identifies the general classification of dollar entries to be exchanged. “200” mixed debits and credits, “220” ACH Credits only, “225” ACH Debits only, “280” ACH Automated Accounting Advices.
- Company Name This mandatory field contains the company name established by the originator for the purposes of further identifying the source of the entry and for descriptive purposes of the receiver. This value will be stored in the third field of the ACH “5” record.
- Company Data This optional field is for the use of the originator or ODFI to contain anything that is useful to them. It resides in the fourth field of the “5” record.
- Company ID This required field may begin with the ANSI one digit identification code designator (ICD) , followed by the identifiation number. The ANSI ID numbers and ICD are “1” IRS Employer identification number , “3” Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS), “9” User defined number.
- Standard Entry Class This mandatory field contains the standard entry class for the batch following. Tier will most likely use PPD Auto recurring withdrawals and direct deposit, CCD from employer 1 addenda, CTX from employer up to 999 addenda, TEL Telephone authorized withdrawals, WEB Internet authorized withdrawals. This value is used to populate the sixth field of the 5 record.
- Company Entry Descrip This mandatory field contains the purpose of the entry to be displayed back to the receiver.
- Descriptive Date With this optional field the originator establishes the field as the date it would like to see displayed to the receiver for descriptive purposes only. This field is never used to control timing of any computer or manual operation. No format is specified.
- Effective Date This is the date specified by the originator on which it intends a batch of entries to be settled. For credit entries, the effective entry date shall be either one or two banking days following the banking day of processing established by the Originating ACH Operator ( The processing Date ). For Debit entries, the effective entry date shall be one banking day following the processing date. This is the nineth field of the 5 Record.
- Settlement Date This field is inserted by the ACH Operator (e.g. Federal Reserve) it is generally teh same as the effective date. Leave this value as blank by default.
- Original Status This is a mandatory field. This code refers to the ODFI initiating the entry. “1” Originator is a DFI Bound by NACHA ruls. “2” Originator is a federal government entity or agency not subject to NACHA rules.
- Originating DFI ID This is a mandatory field. This contains the routing number of the ODFI ( without the ninth check digit ).
- Batch Number This is a mandatory field. This is the number assigned in ascending sequence to each batch in a file. Batch number in the company header record and company batch control record should be the same. The default value should be “0000001”.
- ACIS Customer Number This is an optional field necessary only if your bank requires an separate control file to be sent to accompany the NACHA file. This contains the bank assigned ACIS customer number.
- Source of Input This too, is an optional field necessary only if your bank requires an separate control file to be sent to accompany the NACHA file. This contains the bank assigned Source of Input value.
- Transaction Type This contains a two character code used to identifies the type of transactions processed by this control record. The codes and their descriptions are detailed below:
|21||Return or NOC for a Demand Credit||Demand Credit records|
|22||Demand Credit||Demand Credit records|
|23||Prenote for a Demand Credit||Demand Credit records|
|24||Zero Dollar Entries w/Remittance Data*||Demand Credit records|
|26||Return or NOC for a Demand Debit||Demand Debit Records|
|27||Demand Debit||Demand Debit Records|
|28||Prenote for a Demand Debit||Demand Debit Records|
|29||Zero Dollar Entries w/Remittance Data*||Demand Debit Records|
|31||Return or NOC for a Savings Credit||Savings Account Credit Records|
|32||Savings Credit||Savings Account Credit Records|
|33||Prenote for a Savings Credit||Savings Account Credit Records|
|34||Zero Dollar Entries w/Remittance Data*||Savings Account Credit Records|
|36||Return or NOC for a Savings Debit||Savings Account Debit Records|
|37||Savings Debit||Savings Account Debit Records|
|38||Prenote for a Savings Debit||Savings Account Debit Records|
|39||Zero Dollar Entries w/Remittance Data*||Savings Account Debit Records|
6/14/09 ACH400 19:33:54 Control Record Definition QSECOFR ACH Key Name: ACHAPP ACH Description: ACH Sample Application Transmission Type: 01 (01=Bisync, 02=FTP, 03=SFTP, 04=FTL SSL) Bank Phone: T18005551212 Baud Rate: 9600 Modem Device: BSCELSRC Transfer File: FILE80 Transfer Library: FMG Report Out Queue: QPRINT Report Library: QGPL Save Report: Y Hold Report: N F1=Help F3=Exit F4=Prompt F10=Save F12=Cancel
- Transmission Type Specify the code associated with the desired transmission type: 01=Bisync modem, 02=FTP File transfer Protocol, 03=SFTP Secure File Transfer Protocol, 04=FTL SSL Secure Sockets Layer.
- Bank Phone The phone number associated with the bank's modem.
- Baud Rate The transmission rate
- Modem Device The System i device name.
- Transfer File The physical file used to build the NACHA file for bisync transmission.
- Transfer Library The library used to build the NACHA file for bisync transmission.
- Report Out Queue The target out queue used for the resulting audit reports.
- Report Library The target library used for the resulting audit report.
- Save Report Configure the resulting audit report to save the report.
- Hold Report Configure the resulting audit report to hold the report.
7/05/09 ACH ePayment Solutions 5.05 FM7210D6 18:10:16 Control Record Definition QSECOFR ACH Key Name: ACHNOTIFY ACH Description: Test ACH Notify Authorized User 01: Authorized User 02: Authorized User 03: Authorized User 04: Authorized User 05: Authorized User 06: Authorized User 07: Authorized User 08: Authorized User 09: Authorized User 10: Authorized Amount: $.00 F1=Help F3=Exit F4=Prompt F10=Save F12=Cancel
- Authorized User 01-10 Specify the authorized user profiles.
- Authorized Amount Authorized amount for the this ACH Control.
6/14/09 ACH400 19:33:54 Control Record Definition QSECOFR ACH Key Name: ACHAPP ACH Description: ACH Sample Application Domain. . . . . . . . . . .: ________________________________________ User Name . . . . . . . . : ________________________________________ Password . . . . . . . . . : ________________________________________ Confirm. . . . . . . . . . : ________________________________________ FTP Port. . . . . . . . . . : 00021 ( 00001 - 65535 ) FTP Method. . . . . . . . . : *PASSIVE *ACTIVE, *PASSIVE ACH Control Source File. . : __________ ACH control Target Path. . : ________________________________________ ACH Control Target File. . : ________________________________________ ACH Detail Source File . . : __________ ACH Detail Target Path . . : ________________________________________ ACH Detail Target File . . : ________________________________________ F3=Exit F10=Save F12=Cancel
- Domain Specify the target domain name of the financial institutions' ftp server.
- User Name User name credential necessary to access the FTP server.
- Password Password credential necessary to access the FTP server.
- Confirm confirmation of the password.
- FTP port The desired port to commonicate with.
- FTP Method The FTP transmission method
- ACH Control Source File The physical file used to build the control file for FTP transmission.
- ACH control Target Path The target path used for receiving the FTP server.
- ACH Control Target File The target file used for receiving the FTP server.
- ACH Detail Source File The physical file used to build the NACHA file for FTP transmission.
- ACH Detail Target Path The target path used for receiving the FTP server.
- ACH Detail Target File The target file used for receiving the FTP server.
pub/wrkachapp.txt · Last modified: 2022/06/25 17:02 by 127.0.0.1