Table of Contents
[ Up To Index ]
ICHECKS iCheck Menu 6.91 06.27.18 System: DEVV6CLT Check Applications 1. Work with Checks WRKIFDCHK Journaling and Audit Trail 2. Enable Check Journaling 3. Generate Journal Report PRTADTTRL iDocs Manual Checks 4. Generate a Manual Payroll Check CRTPRPCHK 5. Configure Manual Payroll Defaults CFGPRPCHK 6. Create A Blank Manual Check CRTMANCHK 7. Generate a Manual AP Check CRTAPPCHK ePayment 8. Positive Pay - iSeries Native Check Security GO IPAY 9. iACH - ACH Electronic Payment GO IACH Bottom Selection F1=Help F3=Exit F12=Cancel
3/04/19 FM0465C1 08:41:13 Work with Check Applications KKRAMER 1=Edit 2=Configure data map 3=Copy 4=Delete 7=Rename 8=Work with map fields 11=Conditional 14=Smart Routing 15=Merge with Spool File 16=Print Overlays 18=Spool Routing 19=Work with database map 20=Merge with database map Search a name . *START, NAME Opt Check Description Status AAACHECK Ken tst PP w/o user data *CHECKIN AAACHECKU Ken tst PP w/ user data *CHECKIN CGC111PCI ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CHECK(L) *CHECKIN CGC111PP AP CHECK(L)with Pos Pay *CHECKIN CGC111SPL AP CHECK w/ no chk# -new *CHECKIN CGC111SPX AP CHECK w/ no chk# -old *CHECKIN CGC111SPZ AP CHECK w/ no chk# -o/n *CHECKIN CGC112PCI CMS PR chk - LNG 08/2011 *CHECKIN CGC112SB CMS PR-L STERLING BOILER *CHECKIN A-APHOPSA# QASPLFL/SCHUFF APP032 *CHECKIN A-APHOPSAV QASPLFL/SCHUFF APP032 *CHECKIN A-APHOPSAX QASPLFL/SCHUFF APP032 *CHECKIN More... F3=Exit F6=Add F13=Database Mapping F15=Global Offset F22=Change Password
Option 1 allows you to define a check application. Systemically, an iDocs check application is a form application with two specific fields defined:
- CHECK# - the check number
- CHECK$ - the check amount
Therefore, to create a check either use iMap to create a form application defining those fields, or go to menu IDOCS, option 2, and create a check application also defining CHECK# (or CHECK#MOD9 if the Modulus 9 checksum digit is required in the serial number field of the MICR) and CHECK$. Greenscreen option 2 is identical to creating a form application . Forms and checks are segregated on the menu so make certain to use the correct menu option.
With both methods, and after mapping upload from iMap to the System i server, you should take the iChecks menu option, use option 1 to display the check, then select F5=iCheck to work with check options. These are shown immediately below.
5/11/07 iChecks FM2511S2 15:12:35 Bank File Maintenance QSECOFR Font Form Name . . . DEMOCHK Xloc Yloc F4=List Company Name . . APPLE ENTERPRISES 450 2300 Arial 10pt R Co. Address 1 . 15540 ROCKFIELD BLVD. 450 2350 Arial 8pt Re Co. Address 2 . SUITE A 450 2400 Arial 8pt Re Co. Address 3 . IRVINE, CA 92618 450 2450 Arial 8pt Re Co. Address 4 . Bank Name . . . BANK OF AMERICA 1000 2300 Arial 6pt Re Bank Address 1 . PACIFIC COAST BRANCH 1000 2340 Arial 6pt Re Bank Address 2 . P.O. BOX 543 1000 2380 Arial 6pt Re Bank Address 3 . Account Number . 010203040506 Positive Pay ID: Transit Number . 987654321 MICR Line loc: 480 3220 Routing Number(Upper) Routing Number(Lower) Comment/Type . . . . Check Number (Y/N) N No.Digits Prefix: Tran Code: Print Logo (Y/N) Y Logo Macro: DEMOLOGO F4 Dollar Amount in MICR Print Signature(Y/N) Y Signature Macro1: DEMOSIG Macro2: Aut N F7 Signature Limit1 . . Limit2: 1=Help F3=Exit F10=Update F11=Logo Macro Placement F12=Cancel F13=MICR
- Company Name and Address: If you wish iChecks to print a company name and address on the check, enter it here. Specify the starting position for each line in pixels, 300 pixels / inch, and specify the font. Normally the company name and address would be include in the overlay and these lines left blank.
- Bank Name and Address: If you wish iChecks to print a bank name and address on the check, enter it here. Specify the starting position for each line in pixels, 300 pixels / inch, and specify the font. Normally the bank name and address would be include in the overlay and these lines left blank.
- Account Number: To print the account number in the MICR line enter it here. Include leading zeros.
- Positive Pay ID: If you wish to export the check data to the Positive Pay Module, enter the Positive Pay application ID. This should be the bank account number entered in the Positive Pay application. Leave this field blank if you do not wish to export check data to Positive Pay.
- Transit Number: To print the transit number on the MICR line enter it here. Include leading zeros.
- MICR Line loc: Specify the top, left corner of the MICR line. The general default is x=480 y=3220.
- Routing Number, upper and lower: Specify the upper and lower parts of the routing number.
- Check Number: Enter a check number if iChecks is to generate. This check number is used as CHECK# and is not scraped from the spool file. The CHECK# field is then mapped with map type = 7. (More information on Check# retrieved from Bank Master)
- Prefix: Enter a check number prefix to the check number if required.
- Tran Code: Enter a transaction code to be included in the MICR line.
- Print Logo: Enter Y to print a logo, which would be in pcl macro form.
- Logo Macro: If printing a logo, specify the macro containing the logo. F4 prompts. The macro would be loaded into /qdls/formfmg, which is the formfmg folder. (See Note below)
- Dollar Amount in MICR: Enter a Y to print the check amount in the MICR line.
- Print Signature: Enter a Y to print a macro containing a signature on the check.
- Signature Macro1 and 2: Specify one or two signature macros for inclusion with the check. (See Note below)
- Authority required: (6.84) Press F7 to go to configuration screen. On this screen, User Type for authorization is either *JOBUSER or *SPLUSER where the listed user of the job or the original spool file creation user can only print the logo or signatures. Note, if the list is empty, 'Aut N' will be displayed and then all users can print signatures and logo macros. If entries are added, 'Aut Y' will be displayed.
- Signature Limit1 and 2: Specify dollar amounts above which signature macros 1 and 2 do not print. The purpose is to specify dollar amounts above which a manual signature is required.
Example: Signature Limit 1 100.00; Signature Limit 2 1,000.00 = Check amounts .01 - 100.00 signature 1 and signature 2 would print Check amounts 100.01 - 1,000.00 only signature 2 would print. Check amount 1,000.01 and above no signatures would print. Manual signature is required.Note: As an enhancement to iDocs 5: If data area DSOVER is NOT equal to 3 blanks, Screen would now read: Signature Start1 and Signature Start2 (instead of Signature Limit1 and Limit2). The logic would be reversed for the purpose to specify dollar amounts above that the signature 1 and/or signature 2 macros will print.
Example: Signature Start 1 100.00; Signature Start 2 1,000.00 = Check amount .01 - 99.99 no signatures would print. Manual signature is required. Check amounts 100.00 - 999.99 signature 1 would print Check amounts 1,000.00 and above signature 1 and signature 2 would print
- F11=Logo Macro Placement:
Note: If Removable Check Secure (Y/N) = Y on the Check Application, both the logo and signature fields will contain the verbiage of 'ID' instead of 'Macro'. This 3 digit macro ID is the number assigned when generating the macro with MacMaker. These macros will be stored on the printer resident “flash” device. Their ID's will print out each time the flashcard is inserted into the check secure device.
Optional MICR line manipulation symbols
'@' = Suppress leading space
'#' = Insert a space
' * ' = Suppress On-Us symbol
'!' = Suppress Transit symbol (before Transit # and the space preceding the On-Us symbol)
'&' = The Transit Number Symbol
'/' = The On-Us Symbol
'$' = The Amount Symbol
'-' = The Dash Symbol
iDocs Journaling and Audit Trail
iDocs contains controls to track who created checks, the day and time that the checks were created and the work station used to create them. For an accounting manager, this information is useful to flag potential anomalies in instances where the same check was created twice. For this reason the journal feature is included as apart of iChecks and needs to be both enabled and configured.
Enable Check Journaling
Selecting option 2 from the utility menu generates the following configuration screen.
8/12/07 inFORM Decisions FM7100 10:48:26 Enable Disable Check Journaling QSECOFR Security Password: Enable Check Journaling: N F3=Exit F12=Previous
To enable the journal feature, change the software switch from above to 'Y'. Next, to configure check journaling, the check month, check day, and check year all need to be identified within the application using the reserved mapped fields: CHECKMM, CHECKDD, and CHECKYY respectively. Lastly, from within the bank file maintenance screen, the Positive Pay ID prompt needs to be populated with the check account number.
Neglecting to identify the check date from the spooled file content will result in the check date being populated with the current date.
Generate Journal Report
Option 3 enables the previously collected audit information to be printed. Selecting the item allow the audit criteria to be refined and isolated to a specific date range, and user profile.
Print Audit Trail (PRTADTTRL) Type choices, press Enter. Destination Output queue . . . . Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL Low range user profile . . . . . Character value High range user profile . . . . Character value Begin Date . . . . . . . . . . . Date End Date . . . . . . . . . . . . Date
iDocs Manual Checks
Generate a Manual Payroll Check
Option 4 Enables a manual payroll check to be produced on the fly outside the accounting system. Information entered here needs be reentered for tracking purposes. That said, this enables a user to quickly generate an on-the-fly check containing values not only for the net amount of the check, but also for the check receipt. The receipt lists all of the current and year to date information necessary to closely mirror the same information that would appear on a regularly scheduled check receipt.
Configure Manual Payroll Defaults
Option 5 allows default values to be set or changed when generating checks.
8/12/07 FM0495 11:09:30 Configure Manual Pay Checks QSECOFR Default Default Default Default Default Form Bank Library Outq Check# F1=Help F3=Exit F10=Save F12=Cancel
Create A Blank Manual Check
Option 6 enables a spooled file to be created with check numbers generated on each page for the range specified. Once the intermediate spooled file is created, the spooled file is merged with the iCheck Application and the bank file specified from the command. Amounts are not prompted for as this command acts only to print blank checks themselves.
Create Manual Check (CRTMANCHK) Type choices, press Enter. Output queue . . . . . . . . . . FMGMICR Out Queue . . . . . . . . . . FMG From Check Number . . . . . . . 1-999999 To Check Number . . . . . . . . 1-999999 Form Application . . . . . . . . *NONE Value, or F4 for list Bank Definition . . . . . . . . *NONE Value, or F4 for list Bottom F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F12=Cancel F13=How to use this display
- Output queue must be a valid Output queue and library name. FMGMICR is the default output queue in library FMG.
- From and To check numbers determine how many Blank Checks will be generated.
- Form Application must be a valid Check Application with mapping and check overlay to be used.
Note: The check number must be mapped from the BLANKCHECK spool file in the FMGMICR output queue. (Row 1 columns 12-21)
- Bank Definition is normally the same as the Form Application and this is what provides the Bank routing and MICR information for the check.
Upon execution, 2 entries are created:
1. A raw spool file BLANKCHECK is created in the FMGMICR/FMG output queue. It contains 1 page for each of the check numbers generated. i.e. In the example shown below, the spool file BLANKCHECK in the FMG/FMGMICR output queue is 2 pages. 2. A merged ASCII print file containing both data and overlay in the selected output queue.
Work with Output Queue Queue: FMGMICR Library: FMG Status: RLS Type options, press Enter. 1=Send 2=Change 3=Hold 4=Delete 5=Display 6=Release 7=Messages 8=Attributes 9=Work with printing status Opt File User User Data Sts Pages Copies Form Type Pty BLANKCHECK IDOCSUSER CSGAPCHK RDY 1 1 *STD 5 BLANKCHECK IDOCSUSER CSGAPCHK RDY 1* 1 *STD 5 Bottom Parameters for options 1, 2, 3 or command
A sample raw spool file BLANKCHECK with two pages, 1 each for check numbers 99990 to 99991 is shown below:
Display Spooled File File . . . . . : BLANKCHECK Page/Line 1/1 Control . . . . . Columns 1 - 130 Find . . . . . . *...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8....+....9....+....0....+....1....+....2....+....3 Check No: 0000099990 Check No: 0000099991 Bottom F3=Exit F12=Cancel F19=Left F20=Right F24=More keysA sample Check Application Spooled Datamap Screen is hown below:
3/15/11 12=Cancel iDocs Form Suite FM2540C1 14:53:08 Spooled Datamap Field Maintenance KKRAMER Form: BLANKCHECK blank check from Util #42 1=Select 3=Copy 4=Delete 5=Display From To Map Sel Fld Name Description Row Col Row Col Type Fld Xloc Yloc A1CHECK# PRINT CHECK NUMBER 1 12 1 21 2 2100 170 CHECK# Check Number 1 12 1 21 2 9998 9998 Bottom F3=Exit F6=Add F7=Font/No Font F12=Cancel
Generate a Manual AP Check
Option 7 enables a user to generate generic check information for accounts payable checks for as many entries specified. Choosing this item displays a blank slate entry for from which the user may enter in the check information in a free style format. Once entered, a properly configured accounts payable check application that maps correctly the relevant check fields will produce the desired checks.
Note that proper authority needs needs to be exercised to run this command which is secured with a password.
The output goes to a spool file called APCHECK in outque FMGBURST. This data must be mapped on an existing check application.
Below contains the example of the entry screen for this AP check entry function:
8/12/07 inFORM Decisions FM0497D1 11:30:05 Manual AP Check QSECOFR AP Check Remittance Information Line 1 details Line 2 details F3=Exit F10=Save F12=Cancel F15=ChecksF10 for the check information screen:
8/26/11 inFORM Decisions FM0497D2 17:21:56 Manual AP Check QSECOFR Check Number. . . . . : 100001 Check Amount. . . . . : 100.00 Check Date. . . . . . : 08/24/2011 Accounts Payable Payee: John Smith 1234 Main St Anytown, PA USA F3=Exit F10=Save F12=CancelF10 to Save. When finished, press F15 for Checks.
8/26/11 inFORM Decisions FM0497D7 17:28:05 Manual AP Check QSECOFR Type information, press Enter. Form Application: MANUALCHECKS F4=List Bank File Maintenance: MANUALCHECKS F4=List Out Queue Library: FMG Out Queue Name: FMGBURST F3=Exit F10=Save F12=CancelThe spool file generated in FMG/FMGBURST is free form but will resemble this:
Line ....+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6 ...+... 7 . 1 Line 1 details 2 Line 2 details 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 $100.00 17 08/24/2011 18 000000100001 19 John Smith 20 1234 Main St 21 Anytown, PA USA 22 23 24 25 One Hundred Dollars and 00 Cents 26 27 28 29 30At this point, you can exit the Utility Menu. Go to iChecks and select the check application with an option 2 to configure the data map.
[Go There] Positive Pay400 is a positive pay package with full iDoc integration. Checks produced with iChecks are automatically entered into the Positive Pay database, and the check information is uploaded to the bank for comparison to the check data from clearing.
[Go There] Native System i ACH capability.
[ Up To Index ]